Type of student service
Form of activity, Implementation and results
|1||Guidance and counseling||Form of Activity:
Guidance and counseling is a form of lecturer mentoring to students to help them to deal with any problems both in academic and non-academic. The form of mentoring may include briefing and counseling.
Implementation at the Faculty: At the Faculty guidance and counseling service is available for any students, especially problematic students, with counselors Dra. Asmika, SKM, M. Kes; dr. Aswin Djoko Baskoro, MS, Sp.Park; and dr. Roekistiningsih, MS, Sp.MK.
Implementation in study program: Guidance and counseling for students are conducted by each Academic Advisor (PA). The meeting between PA lecturer and students is performed as follows. Students must meet their PA lecturer minimum 4 times: before entering the new semester, two times in mid-semester and at the end of the semester; The results of the meeting between PA lecturer and students are recorded in a special control book that is owned by the PA lecturer and students. Guidance and counseling have been done very well.
Students get a solution for their study plan and academic and non-academic issues.
|2||Interests and talents (extracurricular)||Forms of Activity:
Interest and talent activity or extracurricular is a form of non-academic activities outside the curriculum that serves the function to hone interests and talents of Nutrition Science students.
In Nutrition Science Study Program, interest and talent activity can be facilitated by the presence of Nutrition Science student organization “ORMAGIKA”. The data of interests and talents of each student are obtained through the method of distributing questionnaires to new students. After finding out students’ interests and talents, the students can be directed to follow the LSO that they prefer or extracurricular which is managed independently by students so they may have a place to improve their achievement. Some extracurricular student activities include choir, dance, indoor soccer (futsal), karate, tennis, badminton, and basketball. The activities are conducted outside the class hours.
The ability of students in the field of interest and talent can be honed and developed well so that achievements in international and national levels can be reached.
|3||Developing soft skill||Forms of activity:
Developing soft skills is a kind of coaching aimed at improving self-management skills (intra-personal) and relationships with others (interpersonal) to support students’ academic ability and improve emotional intelligence and spiritual intelligence of students in addition to intellectual intelligence.
Developing soft skills has been begun since The Introduction of Campus to New Students (PK2MABA) at the faculty level in the form of training which aims to hone leadership skills and emotional spiritual intelligence (ESQ). The training is continued with Students Activities (KRIMA) every Saturday during the first semester with changing topics. In addition, study program and ORMAGIKA have some regular agenda in their work programs to improve students’ soft skills, namely:
– – Up Grading ILMAGI and ORMAGIKA Activity
– – Soft skill Training Activity for ORMAGIKA Members
– – Entrepreneurship Challenge of ORMAGIKA (ECHO)
– – Delegating Indonesia Nutrition Care, Region 3 ILMAGI
– – Amazing ORMAGIKA Activity
– – Training of Nutrition Disaster Preparedness Activiy in 2010
– – Pre Dietetic Internship Clinic Activity, Community and Food Service Management
– – Intermonev community 2 Activity
– – Kozi Activitiy (Nutrition Consultation)
– – Student Community service activity through PKNM
– – ESQ in ordik ormawa activities
– – Mawapres school activity
– Developing soft skills is also integrated in the teaching and learning process, either in group discussions, lab or lecture.
Developing students’ soft skills has been done very well, so that students’ soft skills to manage themselves (intrapersonal) and relationships with others (interpersonal) are excellent.
|4||Scholarship||Forms of activity:
Scholarship granting is an activity with a form of partial or total education cost exemption for students and the provision of financial assistance for indigent students or students with high achievement.
Scholarships are given to students through the online selection at the university, the type of scholarships offered are classified into three categories as follows:
– Scholarships for indigent/ poor students
– Academic achievement scholarship is a scholarship for students with high academic achievement and rank in big ten (10) in their department in UB
– Non-academic achievement scholarship is a scholarship for students who excel in the academic in national / international level or students who are active at LKM-UB (student sovereignty institution-UB)
Here, study program coordinates with the faculty in its role to provide information related to the scholarships to the students.
Several types of scholarships that are obtained by students of Nutrition Science (2010 – 2012), among which:
– PPA (Improvement in Academic Achievement) Senior students
– BBM (Support for Student Learning) Senior students
– BBM (Support for Student Learning) Freshmen
– Indonesia Bank
– Angkasa Pura
– Ministry of State-Owned Enterprises (BUMN)
– Foundation of Charity Service A & A Rachmat
– PT. Bank Rakyat Indonesia (Persero) Tbk
– Bidik Misi Scholarship for New Students Phase I and II
The number of the students of Nutrition Science study program who have earned scholarships are:
– Year 2010: 94 students recorded
– Year 2011: 57 students recorded
– Year 2012: 48 students recorded
Scholarship management runs very well and students can access scholarship information very easily, so that indigent students can continue their study and achieving students are more motivated to improve their performance.
|5||Health||Forms of activity:
Health service for students is the provision of health care service which is affordable and has easy accessibility and professional.
Health service provided by study program is the availability of first aid kit box in a laboratory to give first aid whenever accident happens during practicum. Health service for students in the Faculty of Medicine is provided with the form of PHC (Pre Hospital Care), which is managed by the faculty and involving students in its activities. If there is any health problem, students can also be treated at UB polyclinic with a very affordable cost by showing student card. UB Polyclinic is currently inside the complex of UB Academic Hospital, with services that include general practitioners, dentists, laboratories, and medicines.
Students can seek treatment at a low cost and very easy access.